Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coffee Tapioca Pineapple Tapioca Indian Tapioca Pudding Princess Pudding Coffee Tapioca
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup minute tapioca
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups very strong coffee
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- Mix the egg yolk with a little bit of the milk in a saucepan.
- Add the rest of the milk, tapioca, sugar, salt, water, and coffee. Bring it to a boil over direct heat until tapioca is clear.
- Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from heat. Add the stiffly beaten egg whites and fold into the hot mixture. Add vanilla into mixture and fold again.
- Pineapple Tapioca 2 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple (keep juice) 1/4 cup of minute tapioca 1/3 cup of sugar 1/8 tsp salt. Mix all ingredients into a double boiler.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the tapioca is clear.
- Chill and serve. Indian Tapioca Pudding 1/3 cup of minute tapioca 1/4 cup of all purpose corn meal 1 quart of milk, scalded 1 cup of dark molasses 1/2 tsp salt 2 Tbsp butter 1 1/2 cups of cold milk Combine tapioca, corn meal, and put it into the scalded milk.
- Cook until tapioca is clear--stirring constantly so it will not stick or burn.
- Add the molasses, salt, and butter.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish.
- Add the milk and DO NOT STIR.
- bake in oven at 350* for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Also great with dried fruit, fresh fruits, or an assortment of nuts.
- Princess Pudding 1 cup of minute tapioca 3 1/2 cups of boiling water 1/2 cup of sugar 1/2 pint of tart jelly 1/2 tsp salt Cook the tapioca in the water with sugar and salt until it is clear and has "jellied".
- Add the jelly and stir until dissolved.
- Chill and serve cold.
- Can be served with whipped cream or a soft custard.
I made the 4th option called Princess Pudding. It was incredibly easy and I made half the quantity as I was unsure of what the result would be like. The jelly/jam I used was a combination of strawberry and blackberry. We loved this and it could be a breakfast or a dessert with fruit and/or yoghurt.