Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice twist on collard greens.
Make and share this Collards With Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh collard greens, cleaned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cooking apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook greens in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven for 30 minutes; drain.
- Sauté garlic and green onions in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat until tender; add collards, apples, and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until apple is tender, stirring occasionally.