This is a dish popular in the southern US states and originally comes from Africa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat; add the garlic, onions, and jalapeno and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in the tomatoes, collard greens, bay leaves, and thyme; cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until collards are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove the bay leaves, thyme sprigs, and jalapeno and discard; season with salt and pepper.
- 4This dish can be prepared a day in advance and reheated.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Greens With Tomatoes and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: