1 hr 15 mins
MS. CINDY's Note:
Southern style collard greens with neckbones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork necks
- 4 lbs collard greens
- 1/2 cup bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 red pepper pods
- 1 large white onion
- 1Prepare neckbones by washing them in warm to hot water with a little kosher salt. Set aside.
- 2Chop onion in bite size pieces.
- 3In a large pot add bacon grease and onions. Cook until onions start to caramelize.
- 4Add neckbone and cover with hot water.
- 5Cook for about 20 minutes.
- 6Prepare your collard green by removing the long stalks and any discolored leafs.
- 7Wash collard greens in warm water. Warm water will make sand sink to the bottom of the sink.
- 8Add your collard green into your pot of neckbones.
- 9Add Lawry's salt and pepper pods. Break pepper pods into.
- 10Cook over low heat for about 45 minutes or until desire tenderness.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Greens With Neckbones
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
red pepper pods