Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Southern style collard greens with neckbones.
Make and share this Collard Greens With Neckbones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs pork necks
- 4 lbs collard greens
- 1⁄2 cup bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 red pepper pods
- 1 large white onion
- Prepare neckbones by washing them in warm to hot water with a little kosher salt. Set aside.
- Chop onion in bite size pieces.
- In a large pot add bacon grease and onions. Cook until onions start to caramelize.
- Add neckbone and cover with hot water.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare your collard green by removing the long stalks and any discolored leafs.
- Wash collard greens in warm water. Warm water will make sand sink to the bottom of the sink.
- Add your collard green into your pot of neckbones.
- Add Lawry's salt and pepper pods. Break pepper pods into.
- Cook over low heat for about 45 minutes or until desire tenderness.