Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bunches collard greens, washed, and cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat an 8-quart saucepan over high heat. When very hot, add the oil, onions, and garlic, sauteing quickly for 1 minute. When the onions just start to turn golden, add
- the collard greens, raisins, and almonds. Season with salt and pepper, and add a little water if necessary, for a little steam. Saute for about 5 to 6 minutes more, and adjust seasoning, to taste.
Great way to cook collard greens for those of us who don't eat pork. Dee-lish. Thanks!