Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked turkey sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (32 ounce) cans light chicken broth
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packagefresh collard greens
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- hot sauce
- Saute sausage, onion, and green pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, collards, black-eyed peas, pepper and hot sauce.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.