Recipe by Palmetto Cook
This is from Recipe Secrets and it was a little vague, so I have adapted it to fit our needs, and the number of people eating...small can of greens and one-half can soup, versus large can greens and entire can of soup. Sorry, you will half to eye it, but it is pretty good. Prep time does not include preparing cornbread as I use leftovers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can turnips (yes, canned, use 29-oz can for larger casserole) or 1 (15 ounce) can collard greens, and seasoned, if available (yes, canned, use 29-oz can for larger casserole)
- prepared cornbread, crumbled, for three layers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, soup (or mushroom, or celery, use one-half can for smaller casserole)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, for larger casserole (8 Tbps)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake corn bread (or use leftovers).
- Melt butter in casserole dish in 350 degree oven.
- Crumble layer of cornbread into the butter then a layer of greens (do not drain), layer of onions, and then a layer of soup.
- Repeat the layers, ending with cornbread.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until warm throughout.