Dr. Paul's Note:
The greens are up in the garden! I love collards and they go well with potatoes, so I modified a creamed collards recipe to simplify it. Turned out deliciously.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter over low heat.
- 2Saute collards and chopped onion until tender - 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in flour and brown slightly.
- 4Slowly add milk while stirring until your preferred consistency is reached. Make it a little thinner.
- 5Stir in the bullion paste, garlic powder, and smoke flavoring.
- 6Whip an egg well with a fork and mix it with 1/4 cup milk.
- 7While stirring the bubbling gravy, slowly add the egg mixture.
- 8continue to cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- 9serve over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 162.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g