Recipe by pattyp
My mother-in-law's delicious take on Thanksgiving dressing with a wonderful briny taste. Use a 13x9 glass/pyrex dish to bake it in.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 loaves white bread, shredded
- 2 raw eggs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 1⁄4 pints oysters, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute onions and celery in butter until soft.
- In a large bowl, shred/crumble the bread into bite-sized chunks.
- Add the sauted onion celery mix to the bread.
- Add the raw eggs, chopped oysters, boiled eggs, chicken broth, sage and salt & pepper and mix.
- Dump the mix into your 13x9 glass baking dish and bake for 1 hour until done.