Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is like no other. I "threw" it together one day, using what I had in the refrigerator/pantry. I didn't realizing how big of a hit it would become. I am constantly asked to make it, no matter what the occasion. This salad will go nicely with any sort of meal. I've experimented with other Poppy seed dressings, but Brianna's is the best tasting. I would not recommend using any other dressing for this salad! Enjoy!
- 141.74 g bagof spring mixed salad greens
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry (do not use frozen)
- 311.84 g can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 236.59 ml of crumbled feta cheese (or regular container)
- 354.88 ml walnut pieces, toasted
- 170.09-255.14 g brianna rich poppy seed dressing
- In a non-stick frying pan, toast the walnuts on low heat, stirring occasionally (they will be toasted as soon as they give an arroma) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, rinse and drain salad mix and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, drain salad mix again to make sure it is completely dry.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.
- note: use enough dressing to cover the ingredients, but not too much that the salad will become"mushy".
Wonderful!! I thought I had feta but couldn't locate it, so substituted goat cheese. I also used fresh orange segments rather than the canned. My other substitution was to use the poppy seed dressing from Apple and Toasted Pecan Salad With Honey Poppy Seed Dressing, rather than brianna's. (I find brianna's to be too oniony for my taste.) This is an outstanding salad.
Wow! This is an amazing salad, wouldn't change a thing! I made this at a family dinner and EVERYONE had seconds, and I'm sure that they would have gone for more...if there was any left! P.S. My mom bought Marzetti's Poppyseed Dressing by mistake and it was fine, so if you can't find the Brianna's (which I would have preferred because I'm a big fan) it should all work out well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful salad recipe.