Recipe by CMLP66
This salad is like no other. I "threw" it together one day, using what I had in the refrigerator/pantry. I didn't realizing how big of a hit it would become. I am constantly asked to make it, no matter what the occasion. This salad will go nicely with any sort of meal. I've experimented with other Poppy seed dressings, but Brianna's is the best tasting. I would not recommend using any other dressing for this salad! Enjoy!
Top Review by BarbryT
Wonderful!! I thought I had feta but couldn't locate it, so substituted goat cheese. I also used fresh orange segments rather than the canned. My other substitution was to use the poppy seed dressing from Recipe #227191, rather than brianna's. (I find brianna's to be too oniony for my taste.) This is an outstanding salad.
- 1 (5 ounce) bagof spring mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry (do not use frozen)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese (or regular container)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- 6 -9 ounces brianna rich poppy seed dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick frying pan, toast the walnuts on low heat, stirring occasionally (they will be toasted as soon as they give an arroma) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, rinse and drain salad mix and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, drain salad mix again to make sure it is completely dry.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.
- note: use enough dressing to cover the ingredients, but not too much that the salad will become"mushy".