Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made without mayonnaise. Excellent with ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Got from Food Network, with a few additions. This is really good!!
- Combine cabbage, pepper, celery, carrot, onion & sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil & salt in a saucepan, & bring to a boil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours to chill.
- Drain most of liquid out before serving(there will be a lot).
We enjoyed this much more than a mayo coleslaw. I had a couple of people at the dinner table who don't normally eat coleslaw and they liked it! Definitely plan to make it again.
Besides scaling the recipe down (only needed enough for 2 people) I followed this recipe exactly. I love regular coleslaw with mayo, but Hubby does not, so this was a good compromise for us. It does taste better the longer you let it sit. This was very tasty & incredibly easy, and I would definately make this again, so thank you for posting it.