Recipe by Ladderman229
Made without mayonnaise. Excellent with ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Got from Food Network, with a few additions. This is really good!!
Top Review by kthurston
We enjoyed this much more than a mayo coleslaw. I had a couple of people at the dinner table who don't normally eat coleslaw and they liked it! Definitely plan to make it again.
- 1 small green cabbage head, shredded
- 1 small red cabbage head, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cabbage, pepper, celery, carrot, onion & sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil & salt in a saucepan, & bring to a boil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours to chill.
- Drain most of liquid out before serving(there will be a lot).