Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Scrumptious. Slightly sweet. A bit different from traditional coleslaw. I like the "angel hair" coleslaw cabbage, but the mixture with carrots and red cabbage is great too. Try it with dried cranberries instead of raisins. Inspired from a recipe received from a friend.
- Open the bag of coleslaw cabbage into a large mixing bowl.
- Add raisins, onions and nuts. Combine gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining (dressing) ingredients until very well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and gently combine until evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2-hours.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or parsley leaf (optional).
Good coleslaw with an added sweet taste from the raisins. I used sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts. I couldn't find unsalted sunflower seeds , so I used the salted and reduced the amount of salt called for in the recipe. Nice combination of flavors.
This is a delightful change from regular coleslaw. And being raisin lovers, this really hit the spot for us. I used the sunflower seeds, light mayo and splenda! The dressing is so good. We both really enjoyed this salad. Thank you for posting this recipe!
This was great!! Used unsalted sunflower seeds and love the different mix of tastes - the sweetness of the mayo, the saltiness of the sunflower seeds and the kick of the mustard. Would use less mayo next time or add more coleslaw because there was too much dressing to my taste. All in all, a great tasting coleslaw! Thanks Kathy!