Recipe by Kathy228
Scrumptious. Slightly sweet. A bit different from traditional coleslaw. I like the "angel hair" coleslaw cabbage, but the mixture with carrots and red cabbage is great too. Try it with dried cranberries instead of raisins. Inspired from a recipe received from a friend.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Good coleslaw with an added sweet taste from the raisins. I used sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts. I couldn't find unsalted sunflower seeds , so I used the salted and reduced the amount of salt called for in the recipe. Nice combination of flavors.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coleslaw mix, of your choice
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts or 1⁄3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, seedless
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the bag of coleslaw cabbage into a large mixing bowl.
- Add raisins, onions and nuts. Combine gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining (dressing) ingredients until very well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and gently combine until evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2-hours.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or parsley leaf (optional).