Recipe by Manami
This is one of Tyler Florence's recipes, haven't tried it as yet, but when he prepared it looked fantastic.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
This is the most exciting coleslaw we've ever eaten. The combination of flavors is simply wonderful. Only changes: just one apple is plenty (which next time I'll cut in matchsticks to better merge with the shredded cabbage/carrots;) plus less mayo. And go for the pepper flakes - everything blends and is especially good the next day. Thank Manami!
- 1 head napa cabbage or 1 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- fresh mint leaves, garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, onions and pecans in a large bowl; mix well with your hands and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, sugar, cayenne, red pepper flakes[if using],cumin, mayonnaise and lemon juice until blended. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pout the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Taste again for seasoning.
- Mound onto a platter and garnish with mint leaves.