Hey Jude's Note:
This new twist on coleslaw will be a hit at your next BBQ or potluck. It's colorful and delicious. I found this in a Firehouse Cooks article in a BH&G summer cookouts publication.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1/2 small yellow sweet pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1Whisk together vinegar, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl until well blended.
- 2In a large salad bowl, toss together cabbages, carrots, peppers, green onions, and cilantro.
- 3Drizzle dressing over the veggies, toss to coat.
- 4Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.
- 5You can make this up to 24 hours ahead and chill, then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coleslaw with Peanut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 262.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g