Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This new twist on coleslaw will be a hit at your next BBQ or potluck. It's colorful and delicious. I found this in a Firehouse Cooks article in a BH&G summer cookouts publication.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 small sweet red pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1⁄2 small yellow sweet pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Whisk together vinegar, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl until well blended.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together cabbages, carrots, peppers, green onions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle dressing over the veggies, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.
- You can make this up to 24 hours ahead and chill, then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
I enjoyed this salad, it was different! I plan to try it out at a fellowship dinner cause I think people will love this refreshing salad! Thanks Jude!
Very so-so dish. The best thing about it was it's appearance. Would not make this again. Not worth the effort.