Recipe by cookiedog
Old Bay is not just for shellfish, it adds a bit of zest to this coleslaw. It goes perfectly with fried chicken or hot wings. Representing the Mid-Atlantic from Williams Sonoma: American.
- 1 head green cabbage (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into very narrow stips (capsicum)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped including green tops
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage into wedges. Cut out and discard the hard core from each wedge. Using a food processor fitted with the slicing disk, cut the cabbage into fine shreds. (The cabbage can also be thinly sliced by hand). Transfer to a large bowl.
- Fit the processor with a shredding disk and shred the carrots. (The carrots can also be shredded by hand using the largest holes of a box grater-shredder). Add the carrots to the bowl with the cabbage.
- Sprinkle the cabbage and carrots with the vinegar and mix well. Stir in the bell pepper strips and green onion.
- Add the mayonnaise and Old Bay Seasoning and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Serve cold.