1/4 Photos of Coleslaw With Honey
2 hrs 10 mins
Easy coleslaw with a hint of honey. Even better if you make it a day ahead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Chop cabbage, carrot and onion into very small pieces, set aside.
- 2In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- 3Add slaw and mix well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. (Don't skip this step, the flavor needs time to set into the slaw).
- 5BTW, I like to make the dressing up and keep it in a squirt bottle in the fridge. When I use it, I have to microwave it a little to thin the honey, but it works since I always refrigerate the slaw before eating anyway.
- 6Also, when we're dieting, I use less than half the dressing and it's still quite good!
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coleslaw With Honey
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: