Easy coleslaw with a hint of honey. Even better if you make it a day ahead!
Make and share this Coleslaw With Honey recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped (about 1 head)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onions
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Chop cabbage, carrot and onion into very small pieces, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Add slaw and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. (Don't skip this step, the flavor needs time to set into the slaw).
- BTW, I like to make the dressing up and keep it in a squirt bottle in the fridge. When I use it, I have to microwave it a little to thin the honey, but it works since I always refrigerate the slaw before eating anyway.
- Also, when we're dieting, I use less than half the dressing and it's still quite good!
This was a delicious dressing (I used cole slaw mix in a bag for the salad). The honey adds an intriguing accent. I like my salads lightly dressed, so I have some left over and am going to try it with other mixed greens.
Loved it! I cut the recipe in half and used the bagged slaw mix. I substituted ff half and half and white vinegar for the buttermilk, but other than that, made as written. Oh yeah, I used ff half and half instead of the milk too. I loved the slight honey flavor. It was great! Thanks for another great recipe Puppitypup. Linda Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game
Excellent! I made half of it and used even less dressing, cause I'm trying to watch my weight. We all loved it, yesterday and I imagine that it would be better with the whole amount of dressing. I did add some radishes and I loved it! Thanks for posting!