Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe substitutes thick, tart sour cream for the usual salty mayonnaise. Caraway seeds add crunch and a hint of licorice while raisins provide a sweet counterpoint. From the Real Simple July 08 magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup golden raisin
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, vinegar, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoons of pepper.
- Add the cabbage, scallions, carrots and raisins. Toss well and serve.