Recipe by COOKGIRl
No-mayo coleslaw! From www.mom-mom.com. I'm certain standard green cabbage or even savoy would work well in this recipe, too... Or use a combination of cabbage varieties!
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious and different from the usul coleslaw. I used both green and red cabbage -- so pretty and tasty too! The second day I mixed some leftover salmon in with the coleslaw for lunch -- easy and great lunch! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium fennel bulb, chopped (save a few fronds for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (Italian parsley)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the red cabbage, fennel, Italian parsley and capers in a large salad bowl and toss to blend.
- Mix in lemon juice, oil, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Best prepared several hours in advance to allow ingredients to marinate.
- Just before serving, garnish the top of salad with the reserved fennel fronds, if desired.