Very crisp and flavourful with the dried cranberries. Nice served over grilled sausage on a bun or with turkey, chicken or pork burgers. Easily doubled for a crowd.' (from Becel)
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded and chopped small
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, DeJong (or your favourite)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons becel oil (or veggie oil)
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, celery,dried cranberries and apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, cover and chill.
We love coleslaw and really enjoyed this one thanks Derf. The tangy dressing worked really well with the sweet crasins and apple. I made this to serve with a turkey meatloaf and found it an excellent match. We will definately make this again!
My husband and I LOVED this salad! I cut the recipe in half since I was only making for the two of us. I added about 1/3 cup of shredded carrots and left out the celery. I used regular mustard, added more pepper, and used olive oil in place of the vegetable oil. We thought it was very flavorful and not bland at all. Will definitely be a recipe we will make again and share with friends and family.
This was pretty good, I doubled the apples and cranberries and wish I had halved the onion. The dressing was very yummy. I wouldn't call it bland. I'll probably try one more time when it doesn't have a whole turkey dinner to compete with.