Recipe by grandma2969
this is a nice change from the typical salad with mayonnaise dressing..
Top Review by loof
Very tasty and unusual coleslaw! Really liked the crunch from the nuts and seeds. Next time I might add some crushed red pepper to balance out the sweetness of the dressing a bit. We enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (1 pound)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large granny smith apple, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large bowl, toss together the shredded cabbage, carrots, apple, nuts and parsley.
- in a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients --
- pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and combine lightly.
- refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.