Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Trust me when I say this will be the best cole slaw you’ve ever had!!!
Make and share this COLESLAW (((THE BEST EVER))) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cabbage (Shredded)
- 1 large green bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 large red bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed down)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- granulated sugar (to taste)
- Shred the cabbage & in a food processor& set aside.
- Chop the bell peppers & onion.
- Place into a bowl & set aside.
- In a pot, mix together both vinegars, brown sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed & tumeric. You may also add granulated sugar to taste.
- Boil 5 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately pour over the cabbage/bell pepper/onion mixture.
- Stir well & then refrigerate.
- It will keep crisp & yummy for a month or longer.
Frankly delightful. It tastes like a chinese dish (mostly because I drizzled sesame oil on the vegetables before cooking the sauce, but also thanks to the sweet-sour combination). Very healthy and nurishing. I suggest to pepper the raw vegetables instead of the sauce - so that the pepper flavour is not boiled down and gets a chance to develop.
This was wonderful! My husband doesn't like coleslaw but he took one bite and was hooked. I used packaged cabbage just to make it easier. This recipe was very easy to make.
Made it for church picnic & went like "hotcakes". Was a little to tart for my taste so added sugar as I layered ingredients(about 1/2 cup). Used packaged slaw mix (not as good as fresh) and was done & in frig in 10 min. Will use again.