Recipe by Alan Leonetti
Trust me when I say this will be the best cole slaw you’ve ever had!!!
Top Review by Rocket Helene
Frankly delightful. It tastes like a chinese dish (mostly because I drizzled sesame oil on the vegetables before cooking the sauce, but also thanks to the sweet-sour combination). Very healthy and nurishing. I suggest to pepper the raw vegetables instead of the sauce - so that the pepper flavour is not boiled down and gets a chance to develop.
- 1 large cabbage (Shredded)
- 1 large green bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 large red bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed down)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- granulated sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cabbage & in a food processor& set aside.
- Chop the bell peppers & onion.
- Place into a bowl & set aside.
- In a pot, mix together both vinegars, brown sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed & tumeric. You may also add granulated sugar to taste.
- Boil 5 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately pour over the cabbage/bell pepper/onion mixture.
- Stir well & then refrigerate.
- It will keep crisp & yummy for a month or longer.