Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For Atkins (low-carb) dieters, this slaw is for you! Under 3 net carbs (carbs less fiber) per 1/2 cup serving. A nice change from all those salads.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, for recipes
- 6 cups thinly shredded green cabbage (420 grams)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon no-salt salt substitute or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- NOTE: You may substitute 1/2 cup cream and 2 tbs mayo for the 1/2-3/4 cups mayo.
- Thinly slice cabbage with knife.
- Cut shreds into 1-inch pieces.
- Put in bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Chill; stir before serving.
I too made this with Splenda. It was good, a nice change from salad is right! I thought it needed a little more zing, so will try to add something next time.
I made this with 1/2 cup mayo and 1/4 cup milk. It turned out really well. Has a great taste. The celery seed gave a wonderful flavor. I will make this again! Thanks!!
Very Good! We added a little Old Bay seasoning and used Splenda as a sweetener (no Aspartame). Someone else suggested a little extra cream, which we did also.