Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds a little strange but I love these. The recipe comes from a cookbook called "More Favorite Name Brand Recipes". I cheat a little and buy packaged coleslaw. I also like to put the fish sticks in first then add the coleslaw on top, but you can go either way.
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 frozen fish sticks
- 8 hot dog buns
- Toss cabbage, green pepper and celery.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, milk, sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed and mustard.
- Mix. Pour over cabbage. Cover, refrigerate.
- Drain very well.
- Cook fish sticks. Add slaw to bun.
- Add fish sticks on top of slaw.