Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
With some of this prepared and waiting in your fridge, and a package of the shredded cabbage coleslaw mix you can buy, you can have a salad on the table in minutes! Recipe easily doubles, or you can also easily just make half. I originally got this recipe from a friend, but I cut back the sugar and changed the type of vinegar used.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- Note that you can adjust the sugar and vinegar amounts to suit your taste, adding more or less of each as you prefer; also note that if you insist on using Miracle Whip, you'll likely want to cut the sugar back.
- In a blender, food processor, or even in a bowl with a whisk, combine all ingredients well; taste, add more salt if you wish.
- Either use right away to dress a coleslaw, or store, covered, in the refrigerator; keeps well for several days.
Excellent dressing! I made it with celery salt instead of the celery seeds and salt, and used red wine vinegar because that was all I had. This will be replacing my regular coleslaw recipe, as it is much easier, uses less ingredients, and tastes better! Thanks for the great recipe!
Loved this recipe!! Easy, simple and yummy in the bargin. Adjust to your own taste buds and you have a winner. The addition of rice vinegar really makes it. Have used it many times and passed it on
Easy and delicious. I like more celery seeds and salt. Otherwise, made it exactly to directions. Will make again and again. Thanks for sharing it.