Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My aunt used this recipe for years. Always had a salad on hand for company.
- 1 grated, shredded cabbage or 1 grated, shredded cabbage
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Bring dressing to a boil and pour over vegetables.
- Seal in a gallon jar and leave for one week.
- Keeps in refrigerator indefinetly.
- Just keep adding vegetables.
- If desired can be used 2 hours before meal.