Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat oil, sugar,vinegar,mustard, salt and celery seed and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour the hot mixture over the vegetables, stirring well to combine.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Keeps for days.
This was very yummy! I served it with pulled pork at a party and it was a hit. I am not a big fan of mayo but all the recipes I have tried w/o mayo so far have been too acidic. This one is just right. I used 2 one pound bags of pre-shredded coleslaw instead of chopping everything and I didn't have celery seeds so I subbed in 1/2 tsp of ground celery seed. Thanks for posting!
Love this coleslaw! Thank you :)
I did not care for the mustard in it. But I am not a big mustard fan in salads (like macaroni salad and potato salad).