Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 head purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 carrots, finely grated
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- freshly cracked pepper
- Combine all but cabbage and carrots.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and blend well.
I made half of this recipe and still had such a large batch it could have feed 24 people. With so much red cabbage the dressing started to turn red. I probably should have made more dressing about ¼ of the recipe, but did not. I’d suggest using less red cabbage, try 1 part green to ¼ part red and seeing what you think. The main thing is that this slaw did have a good flavor to it.