Recipe by Sue Lau
Great for picnics and barbecues. For a time-saver, you can buy your cabbage already shredded, just use a 12 oz. bag in place of the half-head.
Top Review by Laurie H.
Marvelous, although I too leave out the raw onion. If you're pressed for time, you can substitute about 12oz pre-shredded cole-slaw mix from the produce aisle for ALL the vegetables.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a whisk, mix together mayo, milk, vinegar, mustard, and celery seed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss cabbage, bell pepper, carrot and onion together in a bowl, and mix together with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.