Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Basic coleslaw using Old Bay seasoning.
Make and share this Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use less I do - 1/2 cup usually)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, yellow (can use dijon)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 head cabbage, cored, tough leaves removed and shredded
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Add the cabbage and the carrots and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
This coleslaw got a 5 star rating from DH. And from me also :) I used light mayonnaise, yellow mustard, no old bay seasoning, and no celery seeds. The dressing is really good. Thanks Andi :) Made for I Recommend tag game
I had some leftover coleslaw mix to use and this was the perfect recipe for it! I used 1/2 the amount of mustard and left out the horseradish, and this slaw was excellent!! Will be making this for our next BBQ for sure!
Yum! I started with a purchased coleslaw mix that made this really simple and fast to throw together. I halved the recipe but probably added a little more than 1/2 the mayo as I like my slaw a little creamier. Thanks Andi for yet another great recipe. Made for Best of 2010 Tag.