Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is Tyler Florence's recipe, from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/cole-slaw-recipe/index.html . It was good, but a bit spicy for me. Will reduce the spiciness a bit next time.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, red onion, green onions, and chile in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Season the cole slaw with the celery seed, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.