Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A GOOD side dish for chicken, pork, seafood, cookouts, for toppings on a hot dog or with pulled shredded pork similar to southeastern bar-b-que. When my son was a teenager he worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken and this is similar to their recipe.
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: The 4 cups of cabbage is equal to one-half of a large head of cabbage. You may purchase a bag of precut cabbage at the grocery. I use a food processor to finely chop the cabbage. If you do not have one, you may chop with a knife.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients. The mayonnaise and milk may be increased for a more wet type of coleslaw.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to let flavors meld. This coleslaw will last 2 days chilled.