Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite recipe for Cole Slaw. I like to eat it right away while it's still crunchy. If I have an apple on hand I will peel and dice the apple and throw it in the mix. If you don't care for raisins leave them out. It's still very good without them. At first glance it may not seem like enough dressing, but just be patient. I don't like Cole Slaw that's swimming in mayonnaise. After it sits for a little while it is the perfect ratio of dressing to cabbage. The cook time is for the bacon.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Coleslaw (Chopped Green Cabbage, Red Cabbage & Carrots, Washed & Ready To Eat)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 4 slices cooked bacon (1/4 cup diced)
- Empty bag of Cole Slaw into large mixing bowl.
- Add raisins, red onion and bacon.
- In seperate bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, celery seed, sugar, white vinegar, salt and black pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cole slaw and mix thoroughly.