Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy and creamy dressing to please everyone. Leave out the celery seed if you like. I like the sweet flavor with a bit of tang.I make the dressing & keep it separate. That way I can add as much as needed to the amount of cabbage I need. Sizes of cabbage heads vary so much that you will have to determine your ratio of cabbage, carrott & onion.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 head finely grated cabbage
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (Use sparingly to taste)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a shaker or jar and blend thoroughly.
- Add to cabbage, carrott & onion mixture.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Dressing can be made ahead and kept chilled to be used as needed.
This was nice, but for a mayo-based slaw, a little sweet for our tastes. I followed the ingredient list (using sugar) for the dressing, but used packaged slaw mix for the cabbage and carrots. I refrigerated the dressing separately and used it rather sparingly, since it was so sweet, and it was convenient to have on hand for a couple of meals. Thanks for posting!