Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious recipe given to me by my MIL. I was not given proportions but have come up with these and it tastes exactly like hers.
- 1 (4 lb) cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- mayonnaise, just enough to hold slaw together, do not add more unless you like a very wet cole slaw, juices will
- In a food processor--'chop' cabbage, carrots, peppers and onion.
- Chop them separately, NOT together.
- Once chopped mix together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Best made a day in advance of serving for flavors can meld together and juice to form.
This is really great coleslaw. I did add a couple tbs of light mayo for the creamy aspect, and left out green peppers (preference), but otherwise made as is. Very good. : )
Top of the charts coleslaw! We LOVED it! I never thought to add garlic or onion powder to my coleslaw. What a difference it makes! Thank you!
This was the nicest coleslaw I have ever made and I've made plenty over the years - definitely a keeper