Recipe by JustJanS
Coleslaw is my favourite salad, if it's well made and fresh! This is basically the one I learned at high school, and the one I enjoy almost the most.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Dressing review only: Loved the dressing. I used a pre-packaged slaw mix. I cut back on the mayo, halved the oil and used all other ingredients. I prefer a lightly coated slaw because I find it does get moister as it sits before serving. Enjoyed by all! Thanks a bunch, JustJanS!
- 1⁄2 cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled,finely diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Bests)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper