Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Coleman is a well-known organic ranch in Colorado. I admit to being rather intimidated by Prime Rib before I tried this simple but wonderful recipe from their website. Actually, the marinade works well on a variety of cuts.
- 4 -5 lbs prime rib roast
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Allow roast to'rest,' unrefrigerated, in shallow roasting pan for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; mix well.
- Rub meat with marinade.
- Place roast in oven for 15 min or until it begins to brown (to sear the meat and seal the juices).
- Reduce oven temp to 350F.
- For boneless roast cook 15-18 minutes more per pound.
- For bone-in roast cook 26-32 minutes more per pound.
- Using meat thermometer, check for doneness (rare=140 degrees, Med rare=150 degrees, Medium=160 degrees) Remove roast when thermometer shows*5 degrees below* desired temperature.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
i use this recipe every time I cook prime rib and it always turns out perfect. I don't cook it as long
it was delicious. my family just couldn't get enough of it.
It was good. I liked the rosemary, but couldn't really taste the other spices. The oil did keep the roast moist though!