Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cole slaw has a piquant, earthy flavor from the wasabi powder. Add roasted pork or tofu to make a complete meal. Adapted from a recipe by David Lebovitz at his blog. http://bit.ly/nsy3ud
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (1/2 lb, about 1/2 head)
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and cubed
- 5 cornichons, split lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and wasabi powder. Let stand 5 minutes to allow flavor to develop.
- Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Toss together cole slaw ingredients except sesame seeds. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.