Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
The Dijon mustard just makes this so delicious you won't need too much mayo.
- 500 g shredded cabbage (one pound)
- 100 g shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (optional, depending on the brand of mayo you use)
- pepper, dash
- salt, as needed
- Mix the cabbage, carrots and salt well. Let sit for an hour and squeeze away the resulting salt water.
- Stir in the mayo, Dijon mustard, sugar, vinegar, pepper, and salt to taste.