Recipe by Nana in Texas
This is coleslaw with a kick! I ate something similar in a restaurant and came home and made up my own version. Goes well with grilled salmon!
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (8 ounce) package coleslaw mix or 1 (8 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container pico de gallo (or you can make your own)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add your cole slaw. Add just enough of the vinegarette to coat the slaw.
- Next add1/2 cup of the pico de gallo and toss.
- Add seasoning if desired .
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro.