Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is coleslaw with a kick! I ate something similar in a restaurant and came home and made up my own version. Goes well with grilled salmon!
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (8 ounce) package coleslaw mix or 1 (8 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container pico de gallo (or you can make your own)
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add your cole slaw. Add just enough of the vinegarette to coat the slaw.
- Next add1/2 cup of the pico de gallo and toss.
- Add seasoning if desired .
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro.
This was pretty good. I think the sugar might have been too much... if I make it again, I'll make a few modifications, but the idea of using pico is really cool!
Wasn't totally sure about this recipe, 'cause I'd never even heard of pico de gallo, but once I got into it, things went well! I made the salsa from another Zaar chef's recipe, then worked on this one! Was hesitant about using the full amount of the salsa, so started with just half of it, but finally ended up using the full 8 ounces the recipe indicated! For me no additional salt & pepper was needed for this VERY NICE TASTING SLAW! Thanks to you for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]