Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Clear out the fridge using most of the crunchy stuff, broccoli stems, apples (replaces or adds to cabbage) or whatever you want to try. All veggie ingredients are approximate, feel free to improvise, I do. I'm thinking I'll try some zucchini, julienned, maybe? The dressing is what makes this work as a side dish or on a sandwich when the kids show up with the grandbabies. If you are out of mayo, try ceasar or italian bottled dressing. Exceptionally versatile recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup julienne carrot
- 1⁄4 cup julienne radishes or 3 radishes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half, to thin
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Julienne or shred veggies, set aside.
- Mix dressing, all ingredients from the mayonnaise down. Adjust to taste.
- Toss all of the above in a bowl, let it sit an hour or so (or not) and munch. Done.