1/2 Photos of Cole Slaw on Hot Dogs
4 hrs 20 mins
I have been eating these since my childhood. Normally I make these with leftover slaw so the ratio of slaw may be off. The recipe was inspired by Mom's Salad Dressing which was posted by Chef rickoholic83. The dressing makes a wonderful dressing for coleslaw. You may have leftover dressing, it can also be served on a fruit salad or lettuce wedges.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and red wine vinegar.
- 2Mix together the cabbage, carrot, red onion, and sun dried tomatoes; stir in enough of the dressing to moisten the cabbage mixture to your liking, add the ketchup and mix well.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste, refrigerate the coleslaw until ready to serve, 4 to 5 hours is suggested in order for the flavors to blend.
- 4Boil hot dogs in water, place one in steamed bun top with generous amounts of slaw and enjoy.
- 5Please note the cook time allows for chilling the coleslaw for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cole Slaw on Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 1014.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g