Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy recipe for a great and healthy side dish
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, chopped (reserve liquid)
- 1⁄8 cup raisins or 1⁄8 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄8 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- squeeze lemon juice
- reserved pineapple liquid
- cayenne (optional)
- Mix first four ingredients in salad bowl.
- Mix mayo, yogurt, about a tablespoon (+/-) of the reserved pineapple juice and a squeeze of lemon in small bowl until desired consistency.
- Add cayenne if desired and a bit of salt.
- Mix dressing with slaw mixture and add the peanuts to the top but don't mix in until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate for at least half and hour before serving.