Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me years ago from a lady in our church group, and it is a family favorite. It is very simple to make and delicious. It is best made a day in advance to give the flavors time to combine. To make a shortcut for this recipe, buy a small bag of cole slaw cabbage mix in the produce section of your grocery store, and then 1/2 the ingredient amounts for the sauce mix.
- 2 lbs cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (I substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl mix together cabbage, onion and carrots.
- In separate bowl mix together mayo, oil, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over cabbage mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours before serving.
I thought this was great! I liked the onion in it. As I was eating it, I thought adding some bacon would be tasty. Or maybe using some bacon drippings instead of the olive oil. Mmmmm. I can't wait to have some for lunch tomorrow when the flavors have blended. It was also fast and easy to make. Thanks!
Just what I was looking for. Everyone liked it and it was easy. Thanks.
We liked this a lot! I added a few shakes of celery salt and a little dried dill which added a different bit of flavor. Thank you for sharing!