Recipe by BennyMade
Great with catfish or pulled pork
Top Review by FloridaNative
Thanks BennyMade, for this recipe. I made it to go with grilled bbq chicken (using your recipe#316314). According to my DH, this does not taste like "normal" cole slaw - he's the expert as I don't usually eat it. But since this was for PAC, I tried a tiny forkful, and wa-la, I loved it. Sweet and tangy, it went wonderfully with the hot and sweet bbq. This is now MY one and only cole slaw recipe :) thanks so much for sharing it BennyMade - I've been converted. Made for FALL 2008 PAC.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head cabbage)
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 head cabbage)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Toss with the dressing until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Place in the refrigerator, covered, to chill slightly before serving.