Prep 14 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious summer treat
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sparkling wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Fit a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, and put the egg yolks and sugar into the bowl.
- Using an electric whisk, start whisking the yolks and sugar over the simmering water. The mixture should become pale and thick like super-aerated double cream, and by the end it should have at least tripled in volume and be exuberantly frothy. This could take up to 15 minutes.
- Continue whisking as you slowly pour in the prosecco; you should then have a soft, billowing mass.
- Remove the bowl from its pan of simmering water, and place on a cold surface or stand it in a pan of cold water, and whisk until cool.
- Then whisk the whipping cream and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
This is a great recipe. It's a Nigella Lawson recipe that I found on www.foodnetwork.com about 2 months ago.