Chuck Steak's Note:
Had a similar salad at a restaurant, and reconstructed from memory. You may need or want more salad dressing and don't be afraid to add extra almonds for more crunch! You can play around with the ingredient quantities as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry instant wild rice
- 1/2 cup dry instant rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1I cook both the instant wild and white rice together in a rice cooker along with the chicken bouillion cube til done.
- 2Let cool or chill in the fridge.
- 3Cook orzo according to package directions and drain with cold water.
- 4Once rice and orzo are both somewhat cool, mix together and add the chopped peppers, onion, chopped cilantro, almonds,& salt.
- 5In a separate small container, mix the oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and spices.
- 6I've been making this salad dressing so long, I'm estimating the amounts, so adjust to taste.
- 7Pour over rice salad, mix thoroughly, add more salt if needed and splash with Balsamic vinegar to taste.
- 8Salad is best if chilled for at least an hour or two before serving to blend flavors.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Wild Rice & Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: