Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I don't recall where I got this recipe but the flavour is wonderful. Tt gets rave reviews every time I make some and disappears equally as fast.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- In large heavy saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, onions, garlic and jalapeño peppers.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or just until onions are translucent.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, lime juice, coriander and salt.
- Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Made this PAC recipe choice along with shish ka bobs, and chinese salad for a gathering we had. This is a zippy salad with bold flavor and great reviews by all.