1/1 Photo of Cold Vegetarian Spring Rolls
After trying several recipes for vegetarian spring rolls (all good) I came up with this combination that I like best. Although they're at their very best fresh, they also keep and pack well, making this a nice alternative to packing a salad for lunch. I also like to add cooked shrimp or fake crab to these - but then, of course, they aren't vegetarian anymore.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1Combine all dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add all vegetables and the chopped cilantro. Toss thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Let set 10-15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- 2Soak one rice paper at a time in water until softened. Place on clean towel, and put 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the vege mixture about 2" from the lower edge of the rice paper.
- 3Fold the lower edge up to cover the filling. Fold in the sides, and roll up gently. A pretty touch is to sprinkle the upper half of the rice paper with the whole cilantro leaves prior to completing the wrap - they show through the rice paper and are very decorative. Place on a plate, seam down, and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 4Serve with a sauce of your choice. Use the same ingredients as the dressing if you like, or experiment with mustard or plum sauce. I like the lighter combinations better with these rolls. Even commercial Chinese salad dressing works in a pinch.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (997 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste